- Personal information is information that identifies You or could identify You. During your dealings with Us, we may collect personal information such as:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Your interests in our products, services or events
- Information about your dealings with us or anyone else
- information required for you to do business with us including bank account details and any other relevant financial information
- Any other information which we may need to promote our goods or services.
2. Collection of personal information
We collect personal information from You when You subscribe to our emails, or otherwise provide your details to us, for the purposes set out below.
We usually collect personal information through:
(a) our Site
(b) orders for products or services;
(c) requests for brochures, to join a mailing list or to be contacted for further information about our products or services, either online or in hard copy, e.g. through our Customer Registry Card;
(d) provision of customer service and support;
(e) responses to surveys or research conducted by us or on our behalf; and
(f) entries into competitions or trade promotions conducted by us or on our behalf.
If You do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purposes of collection, such as to supply our customer services to You.
4. Use and disclosure of personal information
Our main purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information are:
- to supply products or services to our customers, including providing information about Our products or services;
- to improve Our products or services;
- to manage Our relationships with You and provide You with information about other services offered by third parties which we think you may find interesting;
- to respond to enquiries from existing or prospective customers seeking information about our products or services;
- to provide customer support; and
- to undertake research, surveys and analyse statistical information.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information). We also take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form.
We will only use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected or a related purpose if you have consented to the different use or disclosure or the use or disclosure is otherwise allowed by the Privacy Laws.
In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about You with organisations that provide services to Us. We would not otherwise routinely disclose personal information to another organisation unless:
(a) required by law;
(b) we believe it necessary to provide You with a service which you have requested;
(c) the assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern;
(d) it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any of our customers, any member of the public or our interests; or
(e) you have provided your consent.
5. In order to maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations, we may use third party service providers, who may sometimes have access to personal information held by Us and may use it on our behalf. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
6. We do not generally disclose personal information outside Australia. In the conduct of our business, we may hold your personal information on servers located in various countries. The privacy laws of those countries may not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of the country from which the personal information was collected. However, this does not change our commitment to safeguard Your privacy and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to the cross-border disclosure of data.
7. If you are receiving promotional information from Us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact Us directly via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask to be removed from our mailing lists, or use the unsubscribe facilities included in Our marketing communications.
9. Accessing, modifying or deleting your personal information
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about You, You are welcome to request this information by contacting us at email@example.com. Our file of your information will usually be made available to you within 14 days.
If at any time You wish to change personal information that we hold about You because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend this record. If You wish to have Your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible but may charge you a fee.
10. Storage and security of personal information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about You, and to keep this information accurate, up to date and complete. Your information is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by third party processors. We require Our data processors to respect the confidentiality or any personal information held by Us.
The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted to our Site, and any transmission is at Your own risk.
When we no longer need to use Your information, we will take steps to properly de-identify or destroy it.
or free returns under the company T&Cs. This does not affect your statutory rights.